March Post

        March Service Hours: 10

        Total Service Hours: 19


    March is finally over, and we’re almost done with the program. This month, we finished up learning about psychopharmacology, the drugs used to treat psychological diagnoses. Part of this unit was learning about illicit drugs, which are always interesting to learn about; on a positive note, it’s good to know that some drugs, like ketamine, have possible clinical uses to treat things like depression. I also was extremely interested in learning about the pathophysiology of different psychological disorders; these diseases are very common among the general public, and I'm sure this information will be extremely valuable when treating patients in the future.


    This month, I volunteered with STEM NOLA for STEM Saturday; I helped a group of 4 elementary school age children conduct experiments to better understand the science of sound. At the end of the event, I got to help them make xylophones, which they could take home to annoy their parents with. I also volunteered at HandsOn New Orleans’ Bacchanalia event pouring wine for potential donors to HandsOn, who help with disaster relief. Hopefully my pouring skills helped them land some donors so that they could continue their beneficial work.



Learning to "make noise".


Pouring secret wine.




Comments

Popular Posts